Five Super Bowl Party Safety Tips
Posted On behalf of Pfeifer Morgan & Stesiak on Feb 04, 2016 in Advice
Indiana officials are encouraging motorists to remain safe by driving sober and planning ahead prior to the festivities this Super Bowl Sunday.
Last year, there were more than 700 auto accidents in Indiana on Super Bowl Sunday; about 45 percent of these accidents were alcohol-related.
The big game can be a fun way to celebrate with friends and family, and being safe should be a priority. Here are five Super Bowl party safety tips:
- If you are hosting the party, serve lots of food – By providing your guests with plenty of food options like finger foods, sandwiches and desserts, you can help reduce the effects of alcohol consumption.
- Ask guests to arrange for a sober driver in advance – When you invite your guests to come to your party, ask them to designate a sober driver. If they arrive at your home and do not have one, provide alternatives like a taxi, Uber or let your guest to stay overnight at your house. Do not let guests drive under the influence.
- Offer nonalcoholic alternatives – By having an array of other drink options such as sparkling water, juice and sodas, your guests may choose to switch out alcoholic drinks for nonalcoholic ones.
- Serve coffee and desserts – At the start of the fourth quarter, put away the alcohol and serve coffee and dessert. NFL stadiums do not serve alcohol in the fourth quarter and it is a wise rule to follow when hosting your own football party.
- Offer only one drink – One drink at a time per guest may prevent stockpiling alcohol and could minimize how much alcohol is consumed. Instead of putting out an array of alcohol to choose from, you could create festive drinks and only put out a specific number at a time to reduce consumption as well.
Driving under the influence is not safe on Super Bowl Sunday or any day. Not only does it endanger the person who is under the influence, it can affect everyone else on the road. Remember to call 911 if you spot someone driving under the influence.
If you have been harmed by a drunk driver, contact the law offices of Pfeifer, Morgan & Stesiak to find out your legal options right away.