Douglas E. Sakaguchi
Practice Area: Personal Injury
Mr. Douglas E. Sakaguchi is a graduate of Valparaiso University that began practicing law in 1997.
Focusing in the area of personal injury litigation, Mr. Sakaguchi is a member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, the American Assocation for Justice and the Indiana State Bar Association.
He is also a past Vice President of the St. Joseph County Bar Association, the Secretary/Treasurer of the Robert A. Grant Inn of Court and also served on the board of directors at the St. Joseph County Bar Foundation.
Douglas is a highly trained and experienced lawyer that is highly regarded by his peers.
- Indiana United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Indiana United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- State of Indiana
Memberships and Leadership Positions
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Indiana State Bar Association
- St. Joseph County Bar Association (President 2012-13)
- Robert A. Grant Inn of Court (Secretary/Treasurer 2008-10)
- St. Joseph County Bar Foundation (Board of Directors 2010-11)
- Indiana University (B.A., 1992)
- Valparaiso University (J.D., 1997)
- Note Editor, Valparaiso Law Review
- Thomson v. Saint Joseph Reg. Medical Center, 26 N.E.3d 89 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015)
- Bazeley v. Price, 14 N.E.3d 127 (Ind. Ct. App. 2014)
- Estate of Carter v. Szymczak, 951 N.E.2d 1 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
- Sears Roebuck and Co. v. Soja, 932 N.E.2d 245 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010)
- City of South Bend v. Dollahan, 918 N.E.2d 343 (Ind. Ct. App. 2009)
- Westbend Mut. v. Keaton, 755 N.E.2d 652 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001)