Ryan G. Milligan - Attorney
Practice Areas: Personal Injury / Product Injury, Wrongful Death, Consumer Protection, Class Actions, Appeals, Contingent Fee Business Litigation
Ryan G. Milligan, a former partner in one of America’s largest law firms, brings over a decade of complex litigation, dispute resolution, and trial experience to PM&S. After defending some of the nation's largest banks, corporations and insurance companies, he now applies his trial and litigation skills to advocate for victims of personal and financial injury.
Responsive and results-oriented, Ryan is a lawyer who helps clients understand and navigate through the following types of legal matters:
Personal injury, product injury and premises liability
Ryan represents the legal interests of people who have been injured in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and by defective or recalled products. He also represents plaintiffs in premises liability cases and wrongful death actions.
Financial Injury/Consumer Protection
Ryan represents victims who have had their credit ruined or peace of mind violated by harassing debt collectors, robocalls, predatory lending, vehicle repossessions, consumer fraud, data breaches and other consumer protection matters. He also represents plaintiffs in insurance coverage disputes, including the bad faith denial of insurance coverage, and indemnification matters.
After several years defending class actions, Ryan has significant experience with class action practice, including class certification and class settlements. Class actions can secure justice for a class or group of individuals that have been treated improperly, such as victims of mass torts, robocalls, or predatory lending or collection practices.
Fixed Fee Appeals
Ryan has experience handling dozens of appeals in state and federal court, both protecting positive trial court results and reversing negative outcomes. To provide certainty and avoid unexpected costs, Ryan handles appeals on a fixed fee basis.
Contingent Fee Business Litigation
Ryan also combines his considerable experience as a business lawyer and former business owner to represent selective clients as plaintiffs in contingent fee commercial lawsuits and business litigation.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Notre Dame Law School - J.D. cum laude, Journal of College and University Law (executive articles editor) (2009)
- Indiana University - B.S. in Business Administration (2001)
Honors and Service
- Michiana 40 Under 40 (2016)
- Indiana Soccer Volunteer of the Year (2018)
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka (Class 40)
- Pro Bono Honor Roll – Faegre Baker Daniels (2016-2019)
- Habitat for Humanity of St. Joe County, Board Member and Officer (2014-2018)
- Michiana Echo Soccer Club, President (2018 – Present)
- St. Pius X Catholic Parish, Parish Council/Strategic Planning Committee (2015-2017)