It’s that time of the year again, when people are preparing to travel and visit with family or have family coming to visit. To make sure you keep safe here in the Michiana region, we have some tips for keeping your and your family on your feet this winter. Falls
- Avoid walking on icy or snowy sidewalks
- Wear appropriate shoes with non-slip soles
- If you are older and use a cane, make sure it has an ice-pick for
Snow Shoveling Injuries
- Wear layers so that you won’t be too cold, but can remove layers if you become overheated
- Take frequent breaks so that you do not injure yourself or overwork your heart
- When possible, do not drive on icy roads
- Make sure you check the weather report before you get in the car
- Drive slowly on roads that are snow or ice covered
- Make sure your car is properly maintained and winterized
- Keep emergency supplies in your car in case you are stranded while traveling
- Make sure you carry a cellular phone with you, in case of an emergency
If an accident does happen, remember that an experienced personal injury attorney can help you determine who may be at fault and whether you may be eligible for compensation.
Need help with a claim? Ph: (844) 678-1800.